It is important that you read and follow these guidelines to avoid any post treatment complications.
• You have undergone a dermal filler treatment where hyaluronic acid has been placed into the skin. You may initially be swollen, red and bruised, which will subside within the next 1-14 days, especially if the bruising is extensive.
• It is advisable that you DO NOT touch the area for 6 hours.
• DO NOT apply make-up or any other cosmetics for up to 6 hours.
• The use of soap on the treatment skin area is restricted until redness subsides and where possible use warm tepid water and/or a gentle skin cleanser. Do not scrub. Pat to dry only.
• Avoid drinking alcohol after treatment for a minimum of 24 hours.
• Avoid smoking for a minimum of 12 hours.
• Avoid ibuprofen for a minimum of 72 hours. Instead we recommend to take antihistamines to help reduce post treatment swelling.
• Arnica tablets/cream or gel can be used to help reduce bruising,
Vitamin K oxide cream may also be applied.
• Stay well hydrated – filler loves water!
• Avoid exposure to direct sunlight, UV, extreme heat i.e. sauna, steam rooms, sunbeds for a minimum of 2 weeks as this may increase discomfort and swelling.
• Avoid extreme cold – this includes ice packs that are directly applied to the skin. If required you can apply a cool compress to the area, to reduce any discomfort or swelling.
• Avoid electrolysis, waxing, bleaching of treated area for 72 hours.
• Do not swim on chlorinated water for approximately 14 days.
• Avoid exercise for 24 hours.
• Avoid kissing for 24 hours post lip filler.
• Avoid massaging the area for 24 hours – massage lips firmly the morning after treatment. DO NOT massage any other treatment area i.e. Cheeks, Chin, Jawline, Nose, Tear Trough (any lumps or bumps in these treatment areas should settle within 14 days).
• Following Non-surgical Rhinoplasty please refrain from wearing Glasses for 72 hours.
• You should also avoid any facial massage or skin resurfacing treatments for 14 days post treatment.
• If you experience PAIN in the treatment area, the skin becomes COLD to touch or starts to DISCOLOUR (i.e. mottled appearance or turning pale with a white/grey/ blue tinge). PLEASE contact us immediately on the 24 hour emergency contact number 07896879849.